Franchise Owners Insurance
Soft Serve Ice Cream
Your franchise has unique insurance needs and financial investments that need proper
protection. Whether you are a first time franchisee or an experienced owner you need an insurance expert that understands the relationship between a franchisee and franchisor.
NorthEast Insurance Services, Franchise Division, has the experience to guide you through the protection process. Whether it is Fast Food, Self-Serve Yogurt, Maid Services, Health Club, Pizza...we provide the knowledge and expertise to keep you and your investment secure.
All the protection you need from one place!
- Business Property and Casualty
- Commercial General Liability
- Equipment Breakdown
- Property ▪ Garage
- Business Interruption
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Inland Marine
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance
- Date Privacy & Cyber Liability Insurance
- Hired and Non-owned Auto Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Errors & Omissions (E&O) Insurance
- Directors & Officers Liability (D&O) Insurance
- Umbrella/Excess Liability
- Surety and Fidelity Bonds
As an independent agent, NorthEast represents many leading insurance carriers so your choices aren't limited. We custom design a program to fit your needs with the best coverage at the right price.
As a full service agency we also offer:
Group Health/Major Medical
Long Term Care
Home Auto Personal Liability
Motorcycle Watercraft Fine Arts
Tips for business owners:
Keep your business safe by controlling loss and minimize your risk
- Form a safety committee or pick an employee to serve as safety officer
- Develop and implement safety policies and procedures
- Have an emergency plan and educate all employees
- Inspect the workplace for safety issues on an ongoing basis
- Hold safety meetings to share ideas to better the workplace
- Show your employees that you are serious about safety by making a strong commitment to the rules and abiding by them.
- Keep your building properly maintained, inside and out. Replace blown out light bulbs, fix cracks in walkways, and repair parking lots.
- Inspect common areas, stairwells, hallways and any place where customers have access to. Keep areas free of debris and potential hazards.
- Conduct a yearly inspection of all equipment. Schedule fire extinqusiher check ups, as well as all alarm systems, a/c, refrigeration, electrical and heating.
- Provide first aid training for employees.
- Salt or sand walkways when icy and remove snow quickly.