Coastal Property Insurance for New Jersey
Insurance for Homes, Condos, Vacation Homes and Rental Properties
Buying a new year round home or condo? Investing in a rental property? Searching for insurance for your new seasonal property? If you are finding it tough to get insurance there's no need to fret as we can provide you with insurance for that coastal property.
NorthEast Insurance Services can find you the right coverage whether you are on the river, on the bay and even oceanfront.
If you are currently insured and have not "shopped" your policy in several years, now is the time to do it. Much has changed in the coastal insurance market and new options may be available to you. We have several insurers that can now offer you better coverage and improved pricing.
Our Coastal Home Insurance carriers are experts in coastal risks for:
- River, Ocean, and Bay Catastrophe Risk Coverage
- Primary and Secondary Home Coverage
- Secondary Homes with rental income
- Dwelling Coverage from $200,000 to $1,000,000
- ID Theft and Mechanical Breakdown Coverage
- Properties with a claims history acceptable
- AM Best and Demotech Rated Carriers
- Deeded to an LLC or Trust
Frequently Asked Questions
... With NorthEast Insurance Coastal Property Insurance Advisor and Shore area homeowner, Diane Fox!
- Is it expensive to insure my shore property? In many cases it is more affordable to purchase insurance now than it was in the past 10 years.
- My home is right on the ocean – can you still insure it? Yes, even if it’s right on the water.
- How much insurance do I need? Property Insurance is based on the cost to rebuild your home. The square footage, building materials, upgrades and other factors are used to calculate the cost. Insuring your home to the full value is very important.
- Will I be covered for floods? Your home is covered if your home is flooded by a broken pipe within your home, but not for flood waters emanating from outside or under your home. Flood insurance is available as a separate policy.
- Can I purchase Flood Insurance through you also? Yes. We have several companies to write your flood insurance. Some will give you a discount towards your Homeowners Insurance if you purchase Flood Insurance as well.
- I have two claims due to Irene and Sandy. Will I still qualify for Coastal Homeowners Insurance? Our carriers will look at your claims history over the past three (3) years. They understand the issues coastal homeowners have endured and will accept up to two claims subject to an underwriters review.
- Is Coastal Home Insurance “surplus” insurance? We work with both standard and non-standard companies (Surplus) based on the risk you need to insure.
- Do you insure rental properties? Yes, we can insure you if the property is rented year round or for up to 20 weeks a year (seasonally).
- What is a hurricane deductible and will I have one? A hurricane deductible is the out-of-pocket expense you will be responsible for in the event of a "named-storm" loss. The deductible is based on a flat rate or percentage of the dwelling coverage. If you have $500,000 of dwelling coverage and your deductible is 2%, you will be responsible for the first $10,000 of your loss. Some policies may also have a Wind/Hail deductible which works the same way. Some of our carriers do not have a hurricane deductible which is better for you when we do have a major named storm.
- I have a great credit score. Will I get a better rate on my Coastal Homeowners Insurance? Yes. Most insurance companies use credit scoring as a factor in the rate you will pay. The better your score, the better your rate. Its important to check your credit history from time to time for accuracy.
- How can I keep track of my personal belongings – just in case I lose my property in a fire? Check out this great website brought to you by the Insurance Information Institute. It’s a free online home inventory site. It allows you to create and update your home inventory so you have access anywhere, anytime.
Contact Diane at 800.290.8120 ext. 108 for assistance with your Coastal Home Insurance. If you have a question about coastal insurance please email me and I will get back to you quickly. Please check your spam file just in case.
*All insurance offerings are subject to NJ underwriting guidelines.