New Jersey Contractors Insurance

NorthEast Insurance Services is your source for quality insurance protection for New Jersey Contractors. We have being serving the area since 1983 with the best products and programs for just about every kind of contractor!

If you are a NJ Contractor we can provide you with a custom built Contractors Insurance package with the protection that is right for you. Every Home Improvement Contractor in NJ must carry insurance in order to secure a registration number. Whether you are a Home Improvement Contractor or a Commercial Contractor our packages can include:

  • Commercial Auto Insurance
  • Compensation Insurance
  • General Business Liability insurance including contractual liability
  • Excess Liability / Umbrella Coverage
  • Equipment Coverage
  • Property insurance coverage
  • Materials in transit, shipping or on site
  • Crime Coverage
  • Environmental Coverage
  • Contractors Errors & Omissions
  • Bonds (Performance Bonds, Site Improvement, Bid Bonds etc)

We design customized New Jersey Contractor Insurance plans for the following types of established businesses:

  • Building Contractors
  • Carpentry Contractors
  • Painting Contractors
  • Electrical Contractors
  • HVAC Contractors
  • Plumbing Contractors
  • General Contractors
  • Paving Contractors
  • Landscaping Contractors
  • Lawn Maintenance
  • All other artisan contractors welcome

Commonly Asked Questions

What is General Liability Insurance?

General liability insurance, also referred to as GL, is coverage that can protect you and your business from a variety of claims including bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and other claims that may occur from your business operations.

Why Do I Need GL Insurance?

As much as we would like to think that we are never going to need liability insurance, every contractor needs to protect themselves and their business interests. One single accident can turn your life upside down -- one lawsuit is all it takes to end your livelihood. Why put yourself and your family in harms way when you can invest in an adequate Contractors Insurance policy that will give you the protection you need and let you sleep at night.

If I Am A Subcontractor, Doesn't The GC Need The Insurance?

In order to get the work or the contract, most General Contractors will require you to carry a certain amount of general liability insurance. A Certificate of Insurance is required to enter most job sites, condominium complexes and private homes. No insurance, no work.

What Is A BOP?

A BOP or Business Owner Policy is a package that combines protection from most major property and liability risks into one bundle. It's a great way to purchase insurance for small and medium sized businesses where coverage for property insurance is needed.

Some contractors will only require general liability insurance - not a BOP. For example, you might not own any commercial property that requires property insurance or Loss of Income coverage. Keep in mind, you are still exposed to liability risks through your daily work.

What Other Types Of Contractor Insurance Are Needed?

Workers Compensation

This is protection for an employee who is injured or takes ill while working or related to work. Sole Proprietors and Members of LLC's are not required to carry coverage for themselves in NJ; only for their employees. On the other hand; in many instances they will be asked to cover themselves when working as a sub-contractor.

Commercial Vehicle Insurance

Do you drive a Truck, Van, SUV or Private Passenger Vehicle in your business? Regardless of what you are hauling, you want to make sure you have the right insurance coverage for your business. Whether you're a carpentry contractor, electrician, plumber, landscaper or any other skilled trades-person, you want to have the coverage that protects you in case you are involved in an accident. Common types of insurance coverages include:

  • Liability Insurance - Includes Bodily Injury and Property Damage. Coverage protecting you from suits involving injury or property damage to others if you are at fault in an accident
  • Physical Damage - Includes Comprehensive (fire, theft, vandalism, glass & hitting a deer) and Collision coverage protecting you if your vehicle collides with another vehicle or is stolen.
  • Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist Insurance - Provides coverage when you're involved in an accident with an uninsured or under-insured motorist
  • Rental Reimbursement - Pays for a rental car should your vehicle be involved in an accident.

We cover different types of trailers; including utility, medium duty, box trailers and more.

Have any questions? Call us at 800.290.8120 ext.1102 for more information or a quote on your NJ Contractor Insurance.

NorthEast Insurance Services is a Trusted Choice Independent Insurance Agent.