Though you might not want to think about it, you have the possibility of a disaster striking your wedding day. From a sudden cancellation to stolen gifts to a possible damaged gown. Wedding insurance can help protect you against the unforeseen and bring you the peace of mind desired.
No matter how carefully you plan your wedding, there are many things that are beyond your control. For example, say you arrive at the dress shop to pick up your dress, there is a permanently closed sign on the door. The dress shop refuses to give you your dress or the money back that you paid for it. If you have wedding insurance, you would have the coverage to replace the bridal gown.
Did you know that today’s weddings have an average price tag of $30,000? Wedding insurance is needed more than ever as the prices of weddings continues to rise.
Wedding insurance offers a variety of coverages such as:
- No dress or tuxedos: You would be covered under wedding insurance to get your dress repaired or replaced if the bride’s wedding gown or groom’s tuxedo are lost or damaged.
- Lost deposits: Wedding insurance would reimburse you if a vendor goes out of business, declares bankruptcy or does not show up to your wedding.
- Lost rings: You can receive repair or replacement costs if the bride or groom’s wedding bands are lost or damaged.
- Severe weather: If severe weather such as a hurricane forces you to postpone your wedding, wedding insurance would provide the reimbursement for certain non-recoverable expenses.
- Ruined photos: In the instance that your photographer’s film is defective or negatives are lost or damaged, wedding insurance would cover the cost to retake the photos.
- Call to duty: If the bride or groom is un-expectantly called to active duty, forcing you to postpone the event, wedding insurance would provide reimbursement for non-recoverable expenses.
- Damaged gifts: If any of your wedding gifts are damaged, you can be reimbursed for the repair or replacement.
- Sudden illness: Say your father gets sick and cannot travel to your destination wedding, you can receive reimbursement for certain non-recoverable expenses. You would be covered if the bride, groom, or their parents fall ill.
- Liability: You can add liability to your policy to protect yourself if someone gets injured at your wedding or causes damage.
- Liquor Liability: An additional option to add to your wedding insurance is liquor liability. This would cover certain alcohol-related occurrence/s that might happen.
- All the above are subject to applicable deductibles.
It happens way too often that a bride and groom lose a high-dollar deposit. To stay protected during your big day, call NorthEast Insurance Services at (732) 972-1771 ext. 1108.